As the gathered community of this local church we want to disciple the people of God for the whole of life. Our hope for individuals is that the whole people of God might engage with the whole word of God in a way that touches and transforms the whole of our lives, individually and together, for the sake of the world in which we are called to live.
We will intentionally encourage and equip our congregants to be “salt and light” where they find themselves for up to 70% of the waking hours. This will be achieved by providing:
Periodic sermons or sermon series specifically aimed at addressing the issues that people face in the workplace daily.
Worklife applications to be included in all sermons, where possible.
Providing worklife applications through electronic media on a regular basis, either directly or in conjunction with an international Worklife Ministry.
Provision of other web based support systems, including those available from Worklife, our international service provider
The month of May every year has been set aside for Worklife activities, including, sermons specifically aimed at addressing the issues that people face in the workplace daily, at least two of which will entail guest preachers. The commissioning of congregants for service in the workplace, will also happen in this month.
- On Saturday 4 May, our first guest speaker on Sunday will talk at a Men’s breakfast at St Nicholas, 30 Circular Drive, Charlo. The title of his talk is “Trusting God with your life and business”
- On Sunday 5 May, come and hear our Guest Preacher, Nico van der Merwe talk about “Seeking God with your whole heart”
- On Sunday 12 May, listen to Sicelo Duze, CEO of Algoa Bus and a Pastor, relate what God has put on his heart.
- On Sunday 19 May, come and hear from our own Entrepreneurs as they are interviewed by Pastor Andrew Watt.
- On Sunday 26 May, hear our very own Andrew Watt address us on “Why Work matters”.